New Year's Resolutions for 2013


As every year, let's see how my New Year's resolutions for 2012 went, using our usual system:

blue = "99% or 100% accomplished"
green = "well, kind of"
  red = "mission: impossible"
purple = "didn't even try".
  1. Write more: finish the stories I make up, write more entries for my blog, continue my travelling diary. Ha. Enough said. (I did continue my travelling diary, though, and recently started updating the blog, but I'll leave it in red because it doesn't deserve a pass.)

  2. Sleep 8 hours at night on working days. Or at least 7, instead of 6. Ok, I'm kind of cheating with this one because I normally start working at around 10 AM (my first class is at 10:55 AM) so even if I go to bed past midnight I can sleep until 8 AM and it's still 7 hours. In my old job I kind of managed to get enough sleep. Except, of course, on certain nights when I'd wake up at 2 in the morning and freak out and rush to the shower because I thought I would miss the train. And then realize what time it actually was. Stupid HAK.

  3. Stop procrastinating when there's a doctoral thesis in the making. Uhm... See 1, although it could have been a lot worse.

  4. Go to Japan. No money. Maybe in the not necessarily distant future, but surely not soon.

  5. Stay true to myself. And it helped. Maybe that's why 2012 was quite a good year.

  6. What did we say, in 2010, about the Daniel Cleavers of the world? Yeah, what was it? Just kidding. It's better now, but the wound is not fully closed. Some day, I swear (and this is one of my resolutions for 2013) they won't make me cry despite the fact that I've accepted it's pointless and useless and that we've all moved on. And I got my own Mr. Darcy.

So, all in all, 2012 was quite a good year. My job as Fremdsprachenassistentin was a very positive aspect of this year, my first published translation is also doing well, my new job is not bad despite the rough beginnings (but then again, what beginning is a piece of cake?) and Mr. Darcy is there every day and has been by my side whenever I needed him, so danke schön, mein Schatz. On a not so happy note is the fact that finding a reasonable flat in Salzburg is not easy and partly contributed to the rough beginnings I was talking about, and that some beloved people left us recently. And the financial crisis seems to be comfortable among us, meaning Austria seems a much better place to stay in until further notice.

But life goes on and we're leaving an old year behind to greet the most supersticious of them all: 2013 is around the corner and I have a feeling it's going to be good. My resolutions?

1. Take dancing lessons. No idea what kind of dancing, but my body is asking for it like a drug.
2. Fisish reading all pending books before buying new ones.
3. Save up money to travel outside of Europe or at least to be more at least a whole week on holiday.
4. Learn a new language!

That's it. No big resolutions because I'm quite satisfied with my life right now. All that's left to say is...


BON ANY NOU
FELIZ AÑO NUEVO
HAPPY NEW YEAR
BONNE ANNÉE
FROHES NEUES JAHR
с новым годом 
あけましておめでとう

Comentaris