Top Ten Tuesday - #12 Top Ten Favorite Heroes from Books

Last week I brought you a list of my ten favorite heroines from books, so today I give you my top ten favorite heroes list. Boys only. Here we go.


#1 Oberyn Martell from the A Song of Ice and Fire series (George R. R. Martin). 

Because the Martells are awesome and Oberyn is super awesome. You know it and George Martin knows it too.


#2 Gen from Bel Canto (Ann Patcheet)

He's an interpreter and speaks several languages. Thanks to that, shit doesn't go down as quickly in the novel.


#3 Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)


#4 Enjolras from Les Miserables (Victor Hugo).

This might be biased because of the musical. He's a minor character but he's the leader of the students' revolution at the barricades. He has all the passion that Marius lacks.


#5 Ulysses from Odyssey (Homer).

If we ignore the fact that it takes him 20 years to get home and on the way he cheats on his wife a couple of times while she has been made a literary symbol for faithfulness in marriage, Ulysses (or Odysseus, where the name of the book comes from) is a good, clever leader.


#6 Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling).

If Enjolras counts, so do the Weasley twins. It's my list.
(No, I don't like Harry).


#7 Kvothe from The Name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss).

He's a bit cliché and I'm told it gets worse in the second book (no, I still haven't read it), but I liked him in the first book.


#8 Inspector Mascarell from the Inspector Mascarell series (Jordi Sierra i Fabra)

Big shock.


#9 Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson series (Rick Riordan)

This is what I expected Harry Potter to be. Even if he's also cliché.


#10 Iñigo Montoya from The Princess Bride (William Goldman)

This might or might not have something to do with the movie.

Comentaris