Top Ten Tuesday - #9 Book Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween

I'm not much of a costume person for a series of reasons that don't really matter (basically, lack of time and money to put effort into costumes), but here are ten characters from books (or their movie adaptation) that I'd love to dress up as, now that Halloween is gone but Carnival is around the corner (technically it begins on November 11th at 11:11 - ask natives from Cologne, Germany). As usual, in no particular order.

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html


#1 Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games trilogy - oh, the possibilities! The colors, the make up, the crazy wigs...

#2 Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings - a bit cliché, sure, but one day, maybe.

#3 Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz - although I might try not to follow the movie version of her dress and shoes.

#4 Little Red Riding Hood - it's easy to do and easy to recognize.

#5 A Ravenclaw student from the Harry Potter series - a sort of original character kind of thing. And a Ravenclaw because that's my favorite house. Gryffindor is too mainstream.

#6 Queen Dido from Aeneid - mythology nerds unite to do research on what the Queen of Carthago might have worn!

#7 Liza Doolittle from Pygmalion - I'd have to practice my cockney accent for this one.

#8 Melisandre from the A Song of Ice and Fire series - because the night is dark and full of terrors.

#9 Éponine from Les Misérables - on my own, pretending he's beside me...

#10 Sherlock Holmes - genderbender version, of course.

Comentaris