Top Ten Tuesday - #7 Books I can't believe I've never read

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.co.at/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

There are a series of movies that one is supposed to have seen at some point in one's life, and the same with books. Here is my "unforgivable" list of books I can't believe I haven't read yet.  

#1 The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R.Tolkien. I have it and I tried reading it but I've never been able to go further than page 120. Shame on me, I know.

#2 Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll. And the funny thing is I haven't even seen the Disney film, so I can't even use that as an excuse.

#3 Diary of a young girl - Anne Frank. Seriously, it's a high-school classic but I don't really feel interested in reading it.

#4 The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka. Again, it's usually in every list of "books you should read at least once in your life" but it kind of intimidates me.

#5 The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov. It's been lying on my shelves for a whole year since I watched a dramatic adaptation of it, but I still haven't started it.

#6 Illiad - Homer. I've read the Aeneid and the Odyssey and that's the one that I've never read. Although it looks like the least interesting of the three - at least, I'm not that interested in the Trojan War.

#7 The Wizard of Oz - Frank L. Baum. Another one that's been on my shelves forever and that I particularly wanted to read after watching the 1939 movie with Judy Garland because I have the feeling the movie stays too much in the superficial level of the "fairytale".

#8 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen. I'm a girl, I took a subject on general English literature, I'm going to have a couple more subjects on British literature, I keep making references to Mr. Darcy, and I've never read Jane Austen? No, I had enough with Wuthering Heights! Although I've watched the film adaptation with Keira Knightley and I've been tempted to watch the TV-movie with Colin Firth.

#9 Arabian Nights. It's another very intimidating book and I want the Catalan translation by Dolors Cinca, which is only published in three very heavy and quite expensive hard-cover volumes.

#10 A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess. After watching the movie in a bus during a school trip, I honestly felt in no way inclined to read it. But then we translated a bit of the first chapter at university my curiosity grew. I still haven't read it yet, though.


Comentaris

Entrades populars