Oscar 2011

In Spain everything runs late, and that applies to cinema too. Most films arrive to theaters later than in other countries. Sometimes it's just a matter of weeks, other times it's months, a few times it takes a year or two, or sometimes they go straight to DVD or are not even available in any format.

Curiously enough, this year's main Oscar nominees have been shown in cinemas before the gala in Hollywood. And curiously enough, I've already watched two of them: The King's Speech and Black Swan, both of which I'll review as soon as possible. I've also seen Toy Story 3 (review here), I've just found out it's also among the nominees for best animation and best movie (!).

Here are my previsions for tonight, although I haven't seen all of them and my criteria are partly based on the Golden Globe winners and reviews:
  • Actor in a leading role: Colin Firth (The King's Speech)
  • Actor in a supporting role: Christian Bale (The Fighter)
  • Actress in a leading role: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
  • Actress in a supporting role: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
  • Animated feature film: Toy Story 3
  • Directing: David Fincher (The Social Network)
  • Foreign language film: Biutiful (Mexico)
  • Best picture: The Kids Are All Right

There are more cathegories, but these are the most "important" ones, I think, and the ones that people pay more attention to (according to several bets I've found on the internet). Plus, these are what I think will be the winners, not what I would like them to be. I haven't seen The Social Network and, althought people generally say it's good (or in the sense that it "exceeded expectations"), I don't think it really deserves that much praising (again: I haven't seen it, I've only seen the trailer and read reviews).

We'll find out who the winners are tonight. More info at the Oscar awards official website.

Comentaris

Entrades populars